Not Over Yet . . .

P1010751October 28, 2013.  I am home in Colorado now, but my Camino stories are not complete, so I will continue to write post-Camino entries for a while.  I spent a week in Santiago de Compostela after the walk was completed, seeing new friends I thought had gone home, exploring Finisterre and Muxia, though differently than I had planned (the best laid plans . . . ), and stayed in a former monastery for nearly five days in order to keep a sort of serene environment and finish writing the last ten days of this particular journey.  And I will write about those days.

Right now I am going through mail, trying to stay quiet, and perhaps take a nap yet this afternoon.

Though I’m not finished here, I want to thank all of you for reading, commenting, enjoying my Camino with me.  I don’t even know who many of you are, and can’t identify some of you by your e-mail addresses, so if you are not someone I know well, but have signed on and would like to send me a comment to let me know how you got to me, I’d love to have that information.

You can send info here, write to me at woodswomanwalking@gmail.com or if you already have my regular CSU e-mail, that will work as well.  Again, thanks for following.  I could feel your presence sometimes on the trail, which gave me support while still allowing me to maintain my desire for solitude.

Stay tuned.

Advertisements

About Woodswoman

Writer, educator, psychotherapist, woodswoman. Crave solitude and just walked the Camino de Santiago from the French Pyrenees to Santiago de Compostela. Long-term partner, Neil. Three grown kids, one traveling the world for a couple of years (see theparallellife.com), and two in other countries . . . Thailand and Texas! One Golden Retrievers and two cats. Avid reader, looking for 10 more hours in each of my days.
This entry was posted in Miscellany. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Not Over Yet . . .

1. Marianne Rieux says:

Joannah Love. I’m going to re-read all your posts again, over the next several days. It’s been a brave and wonderful journey for you, I’m sure. My admiration! For the undertaking and the writing.

Cheers and Hugs Hugs Hugs!

Sent from my iPhone

2. Gail Baker says:

Welcome home. Sylvia and I met this afternoon to plan the Fine and Funky this weekend. I know you are not participating, but you are welcome to stop by. Rest! Resist! Renew! Gail

3. jankam1804 says:

Joannah, I am so glad you are safely home, and glad as well that I can still look forward to a few more posts! They have become part of my almost-daily routine. I have given myself permission to read each one the minute I see it — they have taken precedence over whatever else I should have been doing. I passed your blog address along to two friends, Jan Behrens in Cheyenne (janandfred@yahoo.com) and Beth Lechleitner, my writing group facilitator (beth@secondletter.com). You have had another devoted reader as well — my husband!

I hope settling in goes well….

All the best,

Janet Kamnikar

Sent from my iPad

4. Congratulations on taking the adventure. I am being called, so I read your blog with great interest.

5. I am grateful and inspired. Thank you.

Beverly

6. jofadell@bex.net says:

Welcome home safe and sound. Heading to Fl. for a couple of weeks. Nothing like your trip, but a change none the less.

7. Greg Shemas says:

Welcome home i am happy you are home and know that the trip was meaningful and enlightening as well now you know you can “talk the talk as well as walk the walk”. A great accomplishment I look forward to hearing the rest of the story. Enjoy your return and time with Neal, the dogs and all your friends. don’t you just feel like a cup of coffee and a ham sandwich right about now?

8. Linda Bell says:

I’ve enjoyed your pilgrimage, Joannah. Following your blog on the advice of neighbors Linda and Jim Petrie. Jacques says you are looking radiant. May the peace and love of this trip be with you the rest of your life. Linda